Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Imperfect Man

I am no where near perfect. I've told my fair share of lies. Broken a heart. Stolen. Been prideful. Judged people. Cheated on a girl I loved. Broke many promises. Declined success. Walked away from good situations. Lost friends. I can't remember the last time I give something 100%. Nor can I remember the last time I saw something through to the end. I can be extremely selfish. I choose not to care about things at the wrong time. I've been called unreliable. I'm known for not answering my phone. I go on occasional haitus', not informing anyone. Sometimes I throw shots at my ex girlfriend and her bum ass boyfriend. See! Smh. I can be a terrible person.

BUT.....

Despite all my imperfections there are those who still choose to love me, God being at the top of that list and my family and friends following Him. I am truly blessed and grateful beyond measure. Also, for the record, I'm not just good at stating my imperfections. I do work to better myself daily. I trust God has a light at the end of my tunnel, and while I'm traveling through that tunnel I believe all of the above mentioned imperfections will be released off of me, I will be become a better person, I will reach success, never quite reaching PERFECTION but running after it with every bit of energy in my body. And although it'll be a fight, its the process that feels the best. This is what I am, and what I believe. Not quite what YOU thought HUH!?

No comments:

Post a Comment