Sunday, February 8, 2009

Welcome To My Dreams

I learn about myself through the clear eyes of those around me...mainly my parents and close friends. I find my circle becoming more of an ellipse, less rounded, more pointed...the weak fall.

The strong persevere, the strong in mind, at least....

Life is hard, so losing one's life must be easy. I disagree...my life is precious, and I am chasing each breath.

I hope to live forever, I will live forever...long after my flesh and bones have returned to the dust from where they came.

I will live with He who lives within me today.

I have tremendous dreams, some of them unrealistic.

I want to be a PROFESSIONAL...At everything I do. Basketball player, entrepreneur, writer, sports agent, coach and what ever else my Maker has in store for me.

I want to write 3 books.

One is nearly completed.

I want to visit France and Rome.

I want to visit Israel and Mecca.

I want to understand why women allow self consciousness to continually assault them to death, and why wicked men find solace in their heartbreaking cries.

I want to be loved.

I want to buy mom dukes an island.

I want to give my wife the world and more.

I want her to be strong enough to carry me, the mortgage, and the rest of the world on her back.

I want to be imperfect.

I want her to accept me, all of my faults.

All of my poor decisions.

I want a better half.

I want to be complete.

I want her to look at me and see a figment of her dreams.

I want reality.

I want impossibility.

I want joy and peace.

I want patience and kindness.

I want to raise 10 children. 7 natural, 3 adopted.

I read book after book, think thought after thought.

Why does the mind seem boundless, but the heart hurt so bad when it is stretched?

I want my brother to prosper.

He will.

I want to make "the smile" the international language.

Do I want too much? Oh well, these are my dreams.

I want to change the world,

I want to change the world,

I may never be a sports agent..

I may never purchase that island...

I may never father a progeny.

Matter of fact, my final exhale could accompany this sentence...

But the world will be changed....because I was ONE more person who believed it could be done...

Bury me with my eyes open...I want to see God.

No comments:

Post a Comment