Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Day in the LIFE

Today was a cooool day and unlike all my other busy days of working out, homework, training, attending my brother's high school games, reading or writing my life away it was a change of pace. The day started off good, with a morning workout, and then breakfast at Coffee Co. with Mom Dukes. Then I went on to to do some homework for 1 of my online classes. After that I was blessed with lunch from one of my favorite places to eat, Japanese takeout, Sachi Terriyaki house (Shout out to 5). My best friend, Tatiana brought the meal to the crib after she got out of school around 1. As I'm eating, I get a call from my other really good friend, miss Caryn Mia, and she says she just got out of school and she's coming through too, which is real cool, especially since I haven't seen her in a lil bit. So, long story short we're chillin, just sitting at the house for about 30 minutes before I say "Yall wanna do something?".. And ofcourse because they're women they say "Yea" but that "Yea" is followed by a million and one questions. Smh. (Lol, all the homies with female friends know what I'm talking about). Why do yall do that?? Lol..

Anyways, back to the day..

So after avoiding most of the questions, I just tell them the destination is 1 of my "secret places" I go to just think, chill, write, etc. So I think they might have be a little intrigued by that lol, especially Tati because she ALWAYS wants to know where these "secret places" I go are. She probably was starting to believe I was making the "secret places" up. But as it turns out, I wasn't. About 5 minutes later we ended up at my "secret place" a park up in the hills of sunny Southern California, not much of a secret place though right? Lol. I only call it a "secret place" because NO ONE knows I go there my solo days to just chill, feed the ducks, organize my thoughts and pray a couple times a week.

Although this was a place I used to come alone, it was mad cool being there with close friends. And although we didn't do a whole lot it was still a lot of fun, really relaxing and extremely peacful. Plus it was free! Lol. But feeding the ducks, talking about LIFE, and playing on the swings like we were 5 years old again was priceless. The park outing ended with me only spending ONE dollar too! The old school ice cream truck was there lol. It kind of made me think about that McDonalds commercial, where dude asks what can he get for a buck. But it was well worth it, the ice cream sandwhich was incredible. Lol.

The time spent was great period. When we were walking to the car I just had the biggest smile on my face and had a genuine feeling inside, CORNY right? Lol, I don't care though, I was happy. Something a lot of people don't have right now, especially with all that's going on. So I thank God for good friends, secret places, Cali sun and random days!

Caryn just so happened to have her camera with her, so you know pics got taken.. And here are a few of them..









Shout outs go to the people that helped bring this blog to life, TC and Lightskinned! I rock with yall anyday. Tati, you already know the deal. Caryn you do too.. Let's just keep living RIGHT, and see where this life takes us. In the mean time just know how thankful I am for you.

Gooonne [.]

No comments:

Post a Comment