Saturday, February 14, 2009

I GOT A COURT DATE!

They finally got me! "They" being the cops, the pigs, the LAPD! Man! Listen to this..

So basically since I've been back in LA from school (about a year and some change) I've been driving with a suspended license. Wait! I know what you're thinking...Idiot, stupid, irresponsible, etc. Smh, I already know. I could've been taken care of it but I've been putting it off forever. I know its dumb but I just hate court rooms. I seen my uncle get sentenced to 142 years when I was 7 years old and been scarred every since. I don't care for judges either. And police? What black person gets along with them? No Bryant Gumbol or Carlton Banks here. So anyways I'm driving down Slauson and the next thing I know I see those blue lights! So automatically my heart drops somewhere in the pit of my stomach and I feel like I just rode Supreme Scream for the first time again, because I know what's about to happen. Lil bro is in the whip with me and I calmly tell him, "I'm probably about to go to jail, call dad". So then officer Haberkorn (that's really dudes name; felt like I was in the south smh) approaches the window and asks for a nigga license and registration. All badddd...

FASTFOWARD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So now I'm handcuffed facing this church, New Testament of God and Christ, how ironic right? Especially since I'm already knee deep in my prayers, hoping I don't go to the big house. Haberkorn then starts asking me and lil bro all sorts of mysterious questions... What gang are we from? Where the drugs at? Do we know Big Pasta? I'm in my head like "What is this dude on!?". So then I tell him I go to school, and hoop and stuff, thinking that'll give me a better look. He seemed uninterested and then looked as if he wanted to say, "Sure, sure. Don't all you niggers play ball".

Anywayss, by this time my pops and uncle arrive at the scene and these dudes have no regard for anything but CHRIST, seriously. And they walk up to the officers like they're about to do a citizens arrest! Me and Vaughn look at each other like "Wow, we allll about to go to jail now man". Lol. But that wasn't the case at all. 5 minutes later I was uncuffed. Haberkorn wrote me a ticket and let me go. Thank God! Forrrrreeeeaallll man.

Unfortunately they took the whip. Smh! They couldn't leave without doing something cop-ish. But even though they did that, I can't help but smile because I'm not in pen sharing showers til Monday morning. God is definitely GOOD, and I BELIEVE He heard my prayers. And not just because they were last minute, but because I've been calling on Him and seeking Him long before today. And I know I'm not perfect, OBVIOUSLY. But His love and mercy are, so who wouldn't serve a God like that.

So the moralS of this whole situation is, DON'T drive with a suspended license!, go to court!, pay your tickets!, don't rock with anybody with the last name Haberkorn! and most importantly, always TRUST in the LORD!

- Saved by Grace, A.L.A.

1 comment:

  1. I must say, no offence, but deffinately amusing!
    And your right.....
    "who wouldn't serve a God like that."

    ReplyDelete