Saturday, March 7, 2009

Time to Say GOODBYE .

You were so bad, literally. My current thought of you, is the day you came into my life, such perfect timing, well at least that's how it seemed. I was in the process of abandoning thoughts of my past and you assisted me. You took away most thoughts of my ex, comforting me and taking me places I'd never been, some good, some bad. Early on, it was a lot of happiness, complete bondage and a unique freshness that kept us energized. We toured nearly the whole west coast together. City after city, state after state. After that time we spent in PO, I just knew you were the one for me. The only girl I didn't mind sharing either. You were cool with everybody, drawing us all in, inking memories, constant laughter and just making us feel loved. Plus, sharing you really never had an effect, because you always made me happy. However after more time spent my mind begin to get so overwhelmed and vanquished by the thoughts you'd lead me to think. I would often question your judgment and ridicule myself for even listening. The more this happened, the more I started to realize the point of your existence, how you were no longer good for me, and how you had deceived and tricked me. Immediate action had to take place, I needed to be free from you. So I did, but not for long. I remember our 1st break up, I boarded that plane, leaving a lot of the things we shared behind, neither 1 of us cried. I felt like you knew you'd be back in my life. You knew me so well, sure enough you got on a plane of your own, and three weeks later you arrived to reconcile. And even though my three weeks without you were great, I took you back anyway. And when I did, we loved hard, the whole summer, and although we had our fair share of break ups and misunderstandings during that time, you seemed to be here permanently. Which never settled with me. I knew you weren't for me, and I still can't say why I never just told you how I felt and moved on sooner. Maybe because you weren't a good listener, probably because I wasn't man enough, or it could've been I was just weak for you. Whatever it was, it carries little relevance now. I've moved on. No longer trapped by your webb's of deceit, no longer lost in my own thoughts, no longer trampled with doubt. I'm free. My destination is clear now. No more communication, no more mutual friends, no more of you bringing me up, just so I can come down even harder. You would probably be upset to know there's someone new in my life too, someone whose love is deep and whose beauty is beyond measure, someone whose grace is everlasting and holds eternal salvation in the palm of their hands. You probably know who it is by now, and I'm sure your horns have started to peak. And that's fine, be mad. Just know that this is the last time we'll talk, I've made promises and give my loyal commitment to someone better. It's time to say what I've put off for some time now, WE'RE DONE. And it's simple, the time has come, to say, GOODBYE.

No comments:

Post a Comment