Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Beginning

I was at the beginning, freshly starting on my way. The setting was dark, and I'll admit I was slightly frightened of what lay ahead. All I could see was the road that precedeth me, never be able to see the end, just pavement upon pavement stretching as far as my eyes could see. I paused before I began, taking in the largest breath possible, knowing this wouldn't be easy, but believing that I'd reach my destination; that which was my destination in this life. So I started on my way. As I'm walking and observing my course, learning much along the way, stopping often for many different reasons. There were people whose destination road collided with mine for a time, most seperating when the roads got bumpy, but secretly I was infamous for taking a detour or two, seperating myself. Situation after situation, instance after instance, I just walked. I don't remember everything though, mostly on purpose, memories seem to fade and honestly there are things I just rather not remember. Despite some ill feelings of the past, it was along this road where I discovered me. I located my self worth, along with my dignity and my passions. A few instances did stand out though. There was one time in particular, it was in the middle of the beginning and where I am now. All understanding was lost and I felt like my identity was void. I stepped off the road for a moment into a room that was surrounded by a circle of mirrors, standing from the ground up. Each mirror reflecting my reflection, each reflection speaking, all reflections saying something different. As you might be able to understand, seeing multiple reflections of yourself and each one having an opinion and stating it ALL at the same time, in the same place, can be very shocking, not to mention extremely difficult. So I did what I felt was needed, I welcomed "bad luck", breaking the mirrors and shattering fear, one by one. It was my time to only hear one voice......

To be continued....

2 comments:

  1. Brotha Auston you are a very talented writer. Keep expressing and growing through your post and may God continue to be at the head of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah. very profound, makes the reader thing from all different aspects .

    ReplyDelete