Wednesday, March 4, 2009

DREAM or REALITY?

So I took the anger and frustration I had to the court. And I believe everybody in the arena knew I was playing with a chip on my shoulder, I even heard some people say, "He's playing like a man possessed!". Funny thing is, they were partially right, I was possessed. Not with a demon or an evil spirit, but simply, with an anger from within. I was so mad at her, the situation and mostly myself that I just had to find a familiar place to release the feelings that continually grew in my heart. But as it turned out, as soon the clock read 0:00, and my 57 points went down in the record books, this aggravating, irritation of anger still resided in my heart. Unfortunately I couldn't escape the frustration I held, and this hurt I felt didn't want to leave with the fans that were in the stands. I got the post game interview, signed autographs and even kissed babies, wearing a mask of happiness, but none of it was satisfying enough. I still had that vision playing in my head, over and over again. Still had that pain. When I got home, I saw my accomplishments on ESPN's Sportscenter, the analysis praising my scoring ability, defense, and impeccable free throws. But I could hardly focus on anything they were saying, it was all a blur and a bunch of murmuring. Only thing I could hear is my heart, pounding, crying. Something I don't do much, but tonight is just... Different, unquestionably different. I'm alone, no one to share dinner with, no one to feed to dessert to. I check my phone, only to see messages from my closest, mom, dad and bros. Damn, I wish she would call. Actually I don't, I tell myself I'm better without her. The long shower I took before bed reminds me of her, so I take the body wash she left to the nose and just lay back against the wall, the coldest shower I've ever taken. As I get ready for bed, I say my prayers, thanking God for my accomplishments, asking for forgiveness, for favor, and for her protection. I hit the lights and close my eyes. Ten minutes later, the phone rings. I grab the blackberry, its her. As soon as I say "Hello", I WAKE UP. Its now 6:30 am, and time to start my REAL day. And even though it was only a dream, I felt closer to it then I ever have, so as I walked out the house I had no choice but to value my smile. Dreams are funny though right? But I guess I just wasn't supposed to answer that phone! Lol.

........On my BlackBerr¥.

1 comment:

  1. Bro, listen that shit you been posting is real! Yo, sometimes i feel like the little bro. smh, you already know i was going to enjoy that with the shit i been going through.

    keep grindin.. NO GUTS, NO GLORY

    - John Nickel

    ReplyDelete